New optoelectronic devices for the Mid-Infrared spectral range open completely new possibilities for portable sensors creation. Using Mid-infrared LED-PD optopairs allows developing an instrument that is smaller, less expensive and versatile.
MCD Multichannel LED DriverDatasheet
APPLICATIONMCD driver is a utility board that unites several functions:
- power supply of arrays comprising of Mid-IR LEDs, supporting up to 8 channels;
- photodiode signal processing and amplification;
- synchronisation of LED and photodiode signals.
FEATURES• Pulse mode operation (mode that provides maximum peak optical power).
• LED current amplitude and pulse duration are preset by manufacturer according to a customer’s request.
• Ability to work either with PD models without a built-in preamplifier (enabling an on-board MCD preamplifier) or with PD models with a built-in preamplifier .
• Built-in 8-channel synchronous detector, which provides synchronisation of LED signals with a photodiode preamplifier and further signal amplification.
Pulse mode current-time relation