New optoelectronic devices for the Mid-Infrared spectral range open completely new possibilities for portable sensors creation. Using Mid-infrared LED-PD optopairs allows developing an instrument that is smaller, less expensive and versatile.
MDS-4D methane sensor prototype announcementRecently, LED Microsensor NT has released a prototype of methane sensor module based on IR LEDs and photodiodes excelling in low power consumption, high response range, compact size, long lifetime and low cost in mass production. Development of technologies of wireless sensor networks and the benefits that they offer for a vast variety of tasks led to creation of a new version of the sensor module with an autonomous power supply and built-in ZigBee/Bluetooth data transmission modules. Today we are ready to present the first prototype of a new product that allows:
• performing continuous methane monitoring;
• realising wireless data transmission of the concentration values via built-in ZigBee/Bluetooth module;
• organising wireless networks of sensors covering a vast area.
Potential application areas of the new sensors and sensor networks are:
• methane concentration control in the natural gas, oil extraction fields, coal mines, biogas production plants;
• gas concentration monitoring along the pipelines, local gas networks, on the territory of petroleum oil refineries and natural gas processing plants, waste landfill sites;
• methane emissions control in household and industrial applications, where natural gas is used as an energy source;
• methane leakage monitoring in the gas filling stations and vehicles running on gas fuel;
• methane emissions control of agricultural objects (pastures, biomass storages).
The prototype of the new methane sensor undergoes the final laboratory tests; serial production of the unit is scheduled to the beginning of 2016.
LED Microsensor NT offers Russian and foreign companies to take part in a cooperation to develop cutting-edge sensor systems based on LED methane sensors optimised for specific tasks. Please send your questions and suggestions!